The War On Drugs
- Thursday, Oct 05, 2017 / 7:30PM
Philadelphia's The War on Drugs reside at the blurred edges of American music: overexposing studio limitations, piling tape upon tape to maximum density, and then -- with each song -- they pull off the scaffolding to reveal what sticks, keeping only what's absolutely necessary and dig into what sounds like the best kind of fucked up.
As on their 2008 debut, Wagonwheel Blues, central member Adam Granduciel takes small moments occurring over multiple tapes and multiple song versions, and puts every last drop of trust in his own keen instinct of momentum.
Prohibited Items (click to view)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Refillable Bottles, Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
- Tablets and/or laptop type devices