with Foxygen & Day Wave
- Friday, Sep 29, 2017 / 7:30PM
The Shins are a multiple GRAMMY nominated American band formed by James Mercer in Albuquerque, NM in 1996. After a few years of self-financed singles, demos and van tours, the band was signed by Sub Pop Records who subsequently released its first three full length records.
Their debut full length, Oh, Inverted World caused a seismic shift in the indie rock world upon its release in 2001, singlehandedly ushering in the modern era of the genre. Moved by the strength of verifiably life changing songs like “New Slang”, “Know Your Onion” and “Caring is Creepy,” a generation of artists ditched the previous decade’s lo-fi aesthetic in favor of Oh, Inverted World’s emphasis on melody. Selling nearly a million copies and featuring heavily in the cult classic Garden State, the influence of Oh, Inverted World continues to be as profound as it is wide-reaching.
The Shins released their sophomore record, Chutes Too Narrow in 2003. The album garnered near-perfect reviews from The New York Times, MOJO, Rolling Stone, and Q, among numerous others solidifying The Shins’ iconic standing.
PROHIBITED ITEMS (CLICK TO VIEW)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Refillable Bottles, Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks (detachable lenses)
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
Tablets and/or laptop type devices