Pete Townshend's Classic Quadrophenia
Performed by Pete Townshend, Billy Idol & Alfie Boe with Symphony Orchestra & Choir
- Saturday, Sep 16, 2017 / 8:00PM
The Who’s Pete Townshend is transporting Classic Quadrophenia to U.S. audiences this September for a series of four special performances featuring music legends Pete Townshend, Billy Idol, and acclaimed tenor Alfie Boe. Townshend conceptualized an experience unlike any other by blending The Who’s timeless album Quadrophenia with orchestral accompaniment. The London world premiere at Royal Albert Hall electrified audiences and will now be replicated in Lenox, MA, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA only! The extraordinary musical journey kicks off September 2 in Lenox with the Boston Pops Orchestra and conductor Keith Lockhart. The New York and Los Angeles performances will be led by conductor Robert Ziegler, and the LA show on September 16 will support Teen Cancer America with a portion of proceeds going to the charity.
“I’m thrilled to be bringing Classic Quadrophenia stateside through the month of September,” Townshend said. “Melding the contrasting sounds of Quadrophenia with a symphony has been a really unique and powerful way to reach a wide audience of classical and pop music lovers alike. I couldn’t be more excited to see it continue in the U.S.”
The Who’s historic rock opera Quadrophenia was originally released as an extensive double album in 1973 and has stood the test of time as a conceptual work honoring the Mod movement. The album, later turned into a feature film and theatrical production, follows an angst-ridden young man in London who creates a new life for himself as a member of the Mods.
Citi® is the official pre-sale credit card of the Classic Quadrophenia tour. As such, Citi® cardmembers will have access to purchase pre-sale tickets beginning Thursday, June 8 at 10 a.m. local time until Monday, June 12 at 10 p.m. local time through Citi’s Private Pass® program. For complete pre-sale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com. Tickets are available to the general public on Tuesday, June 13 at 10 a.m. local time. For additional details and ticket information please visit livenation.com.
Prohibited Items (click to view)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Refillable Bottles, Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
- Tablets and/or laptop type devices