Mary J. Blige
- Saturday, Sep 02, 2017 / 8:00PM
Nine-time GRAMMY® Award-winner, Golden Globe® Award nominee and multiplatinum R&B legend Mary J. Blige has announced plans to embark on her highly anticipated North American STRENGTH OF A WOMAN TOUR, which kicks off Sunday, July 30th at the Chicago Theater. The multi-city trek will feature stops in major cities throughout the US including New York’s MSG Theater and LA’s Greek Theatre.
The tour announcement comes on the heels of Blige’s 13th studio album release, STRENGTH OF A WOMAN, which debuted at #1 on Billboard’s R&B Album Chart and has received critical praise since its April 28th release on Capitol Records. The New York Times called the album “empowering” in a recent review while the Guardian hailed that “Blige’s vocals alone are a reminder of why she remains so important to the genre”. Featuring production by DJ Camper, Bam, Hit-Boy, and KAYTRANADA, the new release also features collaborations with Quavo (of Migos), DJ Khaled, Missy Elliot and Kanye West who lends vocal support on the album’s latest single “Love Yourself”.
Tickets for the STRENGTH OF A WOMAN TOUR go on-sale to the general public beginning Friday, May 19th at 12PM local time. Fan Club, VIP and Pandora Premium pre-sale will go on-sale on May 17th at 10am local time. A Citicard pre-sale will begin Wednesday, May 17th at 12pm and a special Pandora, Facebook and Live Nation pre-sale will be available May 18th at 10am local time. For all ticket purchase information, please visit http://www.maryjblige.com/.
Prohibited Items (click to view)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Refillable Bottles, Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
- Tablets and/or laptop type devices