- Monday, May 29, 2017 / 7:00PM
By overwhelming demand, a second show at The Greek Theatre, LA has been added on May 29 for acclaimed, multi-platinum selling, Oscar, Golden Globe and 10x Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter John Legend. Legend brings his, Darkness and Light Tour, to the Greek Theatre on May 28 and 29. Hitting a number of major cities throughout the US, the multi-city trek will also feature Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Gallant as the opening act.
The tour announces on the heels of Legend’s fifth studio album Darkness and Light, which has received a plethora of critical praise since its December 2nd release on Columbia Records. USA Today hailed the album as John’s “most personal record” with tracks like “Right By You” which they described as “a heart –tugging rumination on his 7-month old daughter, Luna.” Time Magazine called the body of work “unflappably classy” while the New York Times said Legend “treats love as something far more complex than a panacea and a fount of perpetual reassurance, with music to match.” Continuing, the New York Times pointed to the album’s most recent anthemic hit single, “Love Me Now”, which they praised as “a seize the moment song”, that “revolves around an insistent, lo-fi piano figure, and its chorus first arrives with Mr. Legend nearly alone, singing over simple, fading chords”.
Legend also continues his successful foray into the world of film as one of the principles for production company Get Lifted Film Co., which has an executive producing credit on the 14-time Oscar-nominated film La La Land in which John also appears, playing a jazz band leader named Keith alongside stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. Legend also contributed to the film’s soundtrack with the original song “Start a Fire.” To date, La La Land has taken home an impressive six Golden Globe Awards, two SAG Awards and a PGA Award.
Prohibited Items (click to view)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Refillable Bottles, Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)