- Sunday, May 07, 2017 / 8:00PM
Singer, songwriter, actor, entrepreneur and ambassador of USAID, Carlos Vives is one of the most emblematic artists of Colombia and one of the most important figures in Latin music. With over 30 million records sold worldwide, he is considered a pioneer in Colombian pop music. He was the first Colombian artist to win a Grammy Award and to date has taken home 2 Grammys and 9 Latin Grammys.
After a long absence from the international music scene, Vives returned four years ago with two critically acclaimed albums. “Corazón Profundo”, have generated six #1s on Billboard’s Hot Latin Song chart with hits like “Cuando Nos Volvamos a Encontrar” featuring Marc Anthony, “Bailar Contigo”, “El Mar De Sus Ojos” and “Volvi A Nacer”, which became an anthem in Latin America dominating radio charts in Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Central America & Colombia.
The “Más + Corazón Profundo Tour” in Colombia became the most successful tour in the country’s history,with over 200,000 fans filling stadiums in five different concerts. In 2015, Unido2s tour alongside Marc Anthony was among the highest-grossing tour in the United States..
In May, Vives released his new single “La Bicicleta”, a duet with fellow Colombian star Shakira.. The single debuted #1 on Billboard Charts and became Vives 12th #1 in his music career, making him the third latino artist with the most #1s on the Billboard charts.. Other Vives big anthems include “Dejame Entrar”, “Fruta Fresca”, “Pa Mayte”, among others.
Prohibited Items (click to view)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Refillable Bottles, Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)