Bach, Rock & Shakespeare XIV
- Friday, Apr 28, 2017 / 7:00PM
John Marshall High School Presents
The 14th Annual
Bach, Rock & Shakespeare!
Friday, April 28, 2017 at 7:00PM
John Marshall High School's Performing Arts students will once again take the stage for Bach, Rock & Shakespeare XIV at The Greek Theatre on Friday, April 28. The fourteenth annual show is truly a community event, featuring local students from area schools surrounding Griffith Park in the Los Feliz, Silverlake, Atwater and East Hollywood areas.
The Bach portion will begin with a performance by the King Middle School Orchestra, conducted by Anton Boktor. Next, the new “Marshall Mandorchestra” will play music of JS Bach and Vivaldi. The John Marshall High School Symphony Orchestra, under the baton of conductor Dee Dee Paakkari, will perform music of Gustav Holst. The symphony will be joined by the Irving Middle School Orchestra, Dan McNamara, conductor and Ivanhoe Elementary Guitar Club for John Williams, Dave Brubeck, and tributes to The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper and Lady Gaga.
The Marshall High Theater Dance Ensemble, directed by Jill Diamond and the Youth Project Institute Dance Team, directed by Jaimar Viray, will present the Shake (no speare) portion of the evening. They will present a variety of dance styles for the second year running.
The night will Rock out with the final round of the once-a-month lunchtime Battle of the Garage Bands at John Marshall High School. Each of five winning student bands will perform two songs: one cover and one original, hosted and coached by Marshall High's Rockin' Music faculty: Brett Boyd, Mike Finn and Dee Dee Paakkari. The battle will be judged by a panel of music industry and celebrity experts which in past years has included judges from The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wu Tang Clan, Bad Religion, The Foo Fighters, El Chicano, Rilo Kiley, Hole, The Rockabilly Rebels, Capitol Recording Studios, and Paul McCartney and Wings.
Prohibited Items (click to view)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Refillable Bottles, Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)